Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Arts & Life
Fri August 31, 2012
Cruise Ship Cancels Plan to Dock in Alabama
Carnival Cruise Lines has canceled plans to dock its ship Elation in Mobile and is sending the ship to its regular port in New Orleans.
Carnival had originally announced plans to temporarily dock the ship in Mobile due to the remnants of Hurricane Isaac. But Carnival now says an assessment of the port facilities in New Orleans shows the ship can dock normally.
Mobile used to be a cruise port, but Carnival pulled out because profits weren't sufficient. The city is trying to find another company to dock ships at its $20 million cruise terminal.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.