Most Active Stories
- Avery Johnson: "I'm Your Guy"
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Jail Terms Handed To Most Atlanta Teachers Convicted In Cheating Scandal
- Lawmakers Look to Repeal Common Core, PCB Alcohol Ban to Expire, A&M Confucius Institute
- APR Technical Difficulties
Fri March 21, 2014
A Cronut By Any Other Name Is Still A Cronut
Originally published on Fri March 21, 2014 6:45 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. Little Big's Bakery in South Portland, Maine worked up its version of the cronut, the croissant-donut hybrid. The Mainers tried to stand out, spelling theirs C-R-A-U-X-nut. But the original New York baker sent a letter saying he has trademarked the cronut name, no matter how you spell it. So Little Big's took another stab at it. Now they call their popular pastry C-and-Ds - standing for cease and desist. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.