Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 18, 2005
Court Upholds Earlier Adoption Decision
By Alabama Public Radio
Huntsville, AL – The Alabama Court of Civil Appeals on Friday upheld an earlier decision concerning a north Alabama adoption case. Last November, the court voided an adoption by a Huntsville couple. It voted four to one, ruling the couple's June 2003 adoption of a baby from Georgia was not proper because the biological father had not consented. The adoptive parents asked the court to reconsider. Friday, the court issued a revised opinion that reached the same conclusion. However, today's vote was split three-to-two.