Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed May 19, 2004
Council Approves Immigrant License Regulations
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – New rules regarding immigrant driver's licenses were approved Tuesday by the state Legislative Council. The new rules come after a lawsuit that claimed the old regulations discriminated against foreign nationals living legally in the state. The main change now allows the use of foreign passports as a valid form of I-D. However, an attorney for the immigrants says the council's decision does not affect the pending lawsuit because the new rules still exclude some of his clients. Senator Ted Little of Auburn says there are a lot of foreign nationals living in his district. He says he has never heard any complaints about driver's licensing regulations.