Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 2, 2004
Convicted Murderer Returned to Bryce
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – A convicted murderer who escaped from Bryce Hospital four months ago is back in Tuscaloosa. Michael Douglas Hart was extradited from Salt Lake City on a Governor's warrant by the Tuscaloosa County sheriff's department. He arrived at the sheriff's hangar at the Tuscaloosa airport Sunday afternoon. Hart turned himself in to Utah authorities in April -- more than a month after he escaped from the state mental health hospital. The Huntsville resident was found guilty of murder by mental defect or disease for the 1997 killing and dismembering of his stepfather.