Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Science & Health
Wed July 23, 2014
Contractor Chosen for Alabama Watershed Management
The Mobile Bay National Estuary Program has picked a company to develop a management plan for the Fowl River Watershed.
Officials said in a statement Tuesday that Goodwyn, Mills and Cawood Inc. has been chosen to develop the Fowl River watershed management plan. The company specializes in architecture, engineering, environmental planning, landscaping and surveying. Officials say the company employs more than 300 people and has offices in Mobile and throughout the Southeast.
Mobile Bay National Estuary Program officials say money to develop the watershed management plan came from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation's Gulf Environmental Benefit Fund.
Officials say the watershed covers more than 52,700 acres and is a direct contributor to the Mobile Bay.