Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Science & Health
Wed July 23, 2014
Contractor Chosen for Alabama Watershed Management
The Mobile Bay National Estuary Program has picked a company to develop a management plan for the Fowl River Watershed.
Officials said in a statement Tuesday that Goodwyn, Mills and Cawood Inc. has been chosen to develop the Fowl River watershed management plan. The company specializes in architecture, engineering, environmental planning, landscaping and surveying. Officials say the company employs more than 300 people and has offices in Mobile and throughout the Southeast.
Mobile Bay National Estuary Program officials say money to develop the watershed management plan came from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation's Gulf Environmental Benefit Fund.
Officials say the watershed covers more than 52,700 acres and is a direct contributor to the Mobile Bay.