Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed November 20, 2013
Consultant Warns Of Tuscaloosa Housing Saturation
A housing study projects that at current growth rates, the private student housing market in Tuscaloosa will outpace University of Alabama student demand by 2015.
The Tuscaloosa News reports that results of the study were shared with a city council committee Tuesday.
Consultant Joe Zanola told the committee that the current list of student housing bedrooms that are either planned or under construction "greatly exceeds" forecasts for enrollment growth at the University of Alabama.
Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox formed the task force in June and tasked it with addressing the boom in new student housing developments. The task force's goal has been to develop a series of policies for the City Council to consider.