Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed June 2, 2004
Congressmen Win Primary Contests
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Alabama's incumbent Congressmen easily won their party primaries Tuesday. Republican Spencer Bachus defeated Phillip Jauregui, an attorney for former Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore. Bachus has no Democratic challenger in November's general election. Democratic Representative Artur Davis defeated Perry County Commissioner Albert Turner. He'll face Republican Steve Cameron this fall. Representative Bud Cramer also defeated his Democratic primary opponent, Michael Williams. Republican Congressmen Mike Rogers, Jo Bonner, Terry Everett and Robert Aderholt were unopposed in their party primaries.