Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Severe Weather-Alabama Aid
Wed April 30, 2014
Congressional Delegation Backs Aid For Alabama
Alabama's congressional delegation has written a letter to the president supporting the governor's request for an emergency declaration for Alabama.
Gov. Robert Bentley is seeking the declaration for severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that hit the state this week.
The letter from the congressional delegation urges approval of federal financial support for debris removal and emergency protective measures.
Bentley's request noted that at least 19 counties suffered damage and three people died in the severe weather.