Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Severe Weather-Alabama Aid
Wed April 30, 2014
Congressional Delegation Backs Aid For Alabama
Alabama's congressional delegation has written a letter to the president supporting the governor's request for an emergency declaration for Alabama.
Gov. Robert Bentley is seeking the declaration for severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that hit the state this week.
The letter from the congressional delegation urges approval of federal financial support for debris removal and emergency protective measures.
Bentley's request noted that at least 19 counties suffered damage and three people died in the severe weather.