Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Severe Weather-Alabama Aid
Wed April 30, 2014
Congressional Delegation Backs Aid For Alabama
Alabama's congressional delegation has written a letter to the president supporting the governor's request for an emergency declaration for Alabama.
Gov. Robert Bentley is seeking the declaration for severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that hit the state this week.
The letter from the congressional delegation urges approval of federal financial support for debris removal and emergency protective measures.
Bentley's request noted that at least 19 counties suffered damage and three people died in the severe weather.