Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- BP and Gulf Coast Tourism, Alabama Choirs Headed to Japan
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- NOAA Opens Tuscaloosa Water Center, State Legislature passes Education Budget
Severe Weather-Alabama Aid
Wed April 30, 2014
Congressional Delegation Backs Aid For Alabama
Alabama's congressional delegation has written a letter to the president supporting the governor's request for an emergency declaration for Alabama.
Gov. Robert Bentley is seeking the declaration for severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that hit the state this week.
The letter from the congressional delegation urges approval of federal financial support for debris removal and emergency protective measures.
Bentley's request noted that at least 19 counties suffered damage and three people died in the severe weather.