Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed September 8, 2004
Congress Will Examine NCAA
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – Congressman Spencer Bachus says he wants to know more about the inner-workings of the N-C-Double-A. He says a congressional panel will hold a hearing Tuesday. It's part of an investigation into the way the N-C-Double-A governs college sports. The hearing will be before the House Judiciary Committee. Bachus was among those requesting a review, saying the N-C-Double-A often imposes penalties on schools without due process. He says the association has lost the public's confidence. Both the University of Alabama and Auburn University have run afoul of the N-C-Double-A in recent years.