Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon February 9, 2004
Complaints Filed Against Alabama House
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Federal racial discrimination complaints have been filed against the Alabama House by three of its former employees.
One of the complainants, Valenci'a Quest, is a former staff member in the House journal room. She says she was fired in September after being reprimanded for scheduling a doctor's appointment on a legislative day. Former House committee clerk Thyatiria Towns also filed a complaint that says she was passed over for promotions, and that white employees in her same job classification made more money than her, even though she had seniority..
House clerk Greg Pappas calls complaints are baseless.