Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Alabama Barbecue Competition
Mon March 11, 2013
Competition on for Alabama's Best Barbecue
People can go to Facebook and start voting on Alabama's best barbecue restaurant.
The Alabama Tourism Department is sponsoring the competition as part of its Year of Alabama Food. State Tourism Director Lee Sentell says barbecue is part of Alabama's heritage, and there has always been a debate about which restaurant is best.
The competition is in brackets like the NCAA basketball tournament and 32 restaurants are starting. Voting starts Monday, and voting in each bracket lasts for three days. Voting for restaurants in the Final Four will be April 1-5.
Sentell says the winning restaurant will be announced April 8, which is the same day as the NCAA's men's basketball championship.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.