Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon February 16, 2004
Commission Will Hear Shrimp Dumping Complaint
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – The International Trade Commission is scheduled to begin considering an anti-dumping complaint Tuesday. The Southern Shrimp Alliance filed the petition in December. The group represents shrimpers and processors in Alabama and seven other states. It accuses Thailand, China, Vietnam, India, Brazil and Ecuador of illegally exporting shrimp to the U-S at below market costs. Indian seafood exporters say the complaint has already crippled their business. The Indian industry filed its own petition last month arguing its shrimp varieties are different from those produced in America and pose no threat to U-S shrimpers.