Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon July 28, 2014
Colorado Rockies Hand Out Free Jerseys — With A Typo
Originally published on Mon July 28, 2014 12:52 pm
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer with news of an all-star spelling error. The Colorado Rockies beat the Pittsburgh Pirates in a home game Saturday night, and fans at Coors Field received replicas of shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's jersey. But the shirts misspelled his last name, omitting the second T. The Rockies apologize; they did notice the error, but decided to give out the jerseys anyway rather than leave fans empty-handed. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.