Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Science & Health
Tue January 14, 2014
Cold Weather Returning
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Forecasters say there's a chance for rain and snow showers across parts of northern Alabama late Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. However, little snow accumulation is expected. The National Weather Service says new snow accumulation of less than a half-inch is possible in the Birmingham area. Cooler temperatures are also in store for Alabama for the second half of the week. Lows temperatures of around 19 degrees are expected in the Huntsville and Florence areas by early Saturday. In the Birmingham metro area, temperatures are expected to begin sliding Wednesday toward overnight lows of around 21 degrees by the weekend. Lows in the Montgomery and Mobile areas are expected to be in the lower to mid-20s by the weekend.