Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu February 14, 2013
Cold Front Brings Chance of Snow Flurries to Ala.
Forecasters say a cold front approaching Alabama could bring snow flurries to some parts of the state.
Low temperatures are projected to drop below freezing in the Huntsville area Friday night. The National Weather Service is forecasting a slight chance for snow flurries in that area on Saturday.
Jennifer Schuller, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service office in Huntsville, tells The TimesDaily that the cold front will bring an end to low temperatures that have been above normal lows for this time of year. Schuller said any snow that falls is not expected to accumulate.
In Florence, where there's a slight chance for snow showers Saturday, temperatures could dip to 22 degrees Saturday night into early Sunday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.