Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue July 17, 2012
'Cluster Balloon' Daredevils Attempt Record Flight
Originally published on Tue July 17, 2012 11:17 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renée Montagne. In the Pixar movie "Up" a man lifts his house up and away using a huge bundle of colorful balloons. In real life cluster balloons are daredevils. Last weekend, an American teamed up with an Iraqi to try and break the world record for longest tandem cluster balloon flight. The men took off from a parking lot in Oregon and hoped to make it to Montana. Thunderstorms cut their trip short and kept them from getting the record. e weather didn't cooperate. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.