Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Wed September 15, 2004
Closings and Cancellations
Shelton State Community College will close at 6pm tonight and reopen Monday 7 am.
Shelton State will also be serving as a Red Cross shelter. Contact Wendy Jones 391-2310 for more information.
The University of Alabama has decided to cancel all classes scheduled for this afternoon, Wednesday, Sept. 15 beginning at 1 p.m. and all classes scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 16 and Friday, Sept. 17.
On-campus residence halls and apartments will not close. Every effort will be made to provide essential services during this time. Plans are for The University of Alabama to officially re-open at 8 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 18.
Employees in non-essential areas of service should not report to work Thursday or Friday. Employees whose services are essential during the time of this emergency closing should be in touch with their supervisor concerning their work schedule.
Currently, the football game is still scheduled for Saturday at 6 p.m. at Bryant-Denny stadium.
The Tuscaloosa County Park & Recreation Authority has cancelled all programs for Thursday, September 16. Activities at the Belk Center are cancelled until emergency shelter services are no longer needed. Program cancellations for Friday and Saturday September 17 and 18 will be determined daily based on weather conditions and emergency evacuation service needs.