Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Thu July 18, 2013
Civil Rights Museum Offers Free Admission Thursday
The Southern Poverty Law Center's Civil Rights Memorial Center is offering a day of free admission in honor of former South African President Nelson Mandela's 95th birthday.
Center officials said admission will be free Thursday on Mandela's birthday. Mandela has been hospitalized recently with a recurring lung infection.
Activities at the center Thursday will include a screening of the documentary "Nelson Mandela: Journey to Freedom."
The film will be followed by a presentation by Georgette Norman, director of the Rosa Parks Library and Museum, concerning Mandela.
The Civil Rights Memorial Center is located at 400 Washington Ave. in downtown Montgomery.