Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Politics & Government
Thu July 18, 2013
Civil Rights Museum Offers Free Admission Thursday
The Southern Poverty Law Center's Civil Rights Memorial Center is offering a day of free admission in honor of former South African President Nelson Mandela's 95th birthday.
Center officials said admission will be free Thursday on Mandela's birthday. Mandela has been hospitalized recently with a recurring lung infection.
Activities at the center Thursday will include a screening of the documentary "Nelson Mandela: Journey to Freedom."
The film will be followed by a presentation by Georgette Norman, director of the Rosa Parks Library and Museum, concerning Mandela.
The Civil Rights Memorial Center is located at 400 Washington Ave. in downtown Montgomery.