Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Fri March 18, 2005
Chicken Breast Strips Recalled
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, D.C. – There is a recall of chicken breast strips that sold as fully cooked but that officials say could be under-processed. The chicken strips were made during a five-day period in February and March and were shipped to centers in Alabama, Florida and four other states for distribution to Subway restaurants. The Agriculture Department says the recall is by Perdue Farms Incorporated. About 230,000 pounds of chicken is involved. The Agriculture Department's food safety division also says there were no reports of illness from the chicken. Perdue is based in North Carolina.