Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri March 18, 2005
Chicken Breast Strips Recalled
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, D.C. – There is a recall of chicken breast strips that sold as fully cooked but that officials say could be under-processed. The chicken strips were made during a five-day period in February and March and were shipped to centers in Alabama, Florida and four other states for distribution to Subway restaurants. The Agriculture Department says the recall is by Perdue Farms Incorporated. About 230,000 pounds of chicken is involved. The Agriculture Department's food safety division also says there were no reports of illness from the chicken. Perdue is based in North Carolina.