Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
All Tech Considered
Tue April 29, 2014
Check Out The Barefoot Wax Sculpture Of Mark Zuckerberg
Originally published on Wed April 30, 2014 1:14 pm
I don't know how I missed this (yes, yes I do) but the life-size wax figure of Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg was unveiled last week.
As you can see here, the wax Zuckerberg is dressed in his signature hoodie, sitting barefoot with his legs crossed and his laptop in his lap. Mashable reports:
"The figure, which took 20 artists between 3 and 4 months to create, is a life-size replica down to the last freckle, says [museum marketing manager Lauren] Fahrer. The figure's hair is real, took two weeks to complete and was inserted by hand, one strand at a time.
"Typically, the artists ask their subjects to do a sitting where more than 200 measurements are made to ensure accuracy. In Zuckerberg's case, the CEO was unavailable for a sitting — so artists had to construct the figure using only photos."
The thing that sorta creeps us out about this is the "uncanny valley" problem, in which the closer and closer animations — or in this case, wax figures — get to looking like actual humans, the more discomfort people feel. Maybe the artists did too good a job with the life-size Zuckerberg.