Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Jefferson County School Board announces cuts, layoffs
- Obama to speak in Birmingham, Medicaid expansion opposition and Alabama bike summit
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
Gadsen State President
Mon July 22, 2013
Change In President Made At Gadsden State
The president of Gadsden State Community College is out on paid administrative leave and an interim president is taking over.
The chancellor of the Alabama Community College System, Mark Heinrich, announced Monday that President Ray Staats was placed on paid administrative leave. Heinrich named William Blow acting president.
Blow is a retired executive from the Alabama Commission on Higher Education. He served as interim president at Gadsden State before Staats was hired in 2011. His appointment is effective Aug. 1.
The change comes after a no confidence vote by Gadsden State employees in May. The vote among employees at campuses in Gadsden, Anniston and Centre was 312 expressing no confidence in Staats and 34 expressing confidence.
Staats was on the Gadsden campus Monday loading his personal items into his vehicle.