Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 24, 2003
Cell Phone Users Can Keep Numbers
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Cell phone users in the nation's 100 most-populated metro areas can begin transferring home phone numbers to their cell phones today. They also will be allowed to keep their cell phone numbers when they switch wireless companies. The new telephone rules take effect today, and residents of Birmingham and Mobile are eligible to make the changes. A spokesperson for BellSouth says there's a possibility people in other areas of Alabama will also be allowed to participate. The rest of the nation will be able to take advantage of the new rules later.