Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri December 3, 2004
Cattle Crash Kills One Man, Injures Another
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Mobile authorities say an 18-wheeler carrying cattle fell on its side, smashed an SUV and killed one man on Interstate 10. The truck had apparently just emerged from the George Wallace Tunnel Thursday night when it skidded out of control for 150 feet. Police say the truck from Oklahoma trapped a Ford Expedition with Mobile license plates. A police spokesman says one man in the car was pronounced dead on the scene, and the other male occupant suffered possibly critical injuries. The injured man has been taken to the University of South Alabama Medical Center. The truck driver was not injured. And the names of those involved were not immediately available. It's also not clear how many head of cattle were on the 18-wheeler or how many of those may have been injured. The tunnel was scheduled to reopen Friday morning.