Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Sat June 1, 2013
The Case For Vegetarianism, Delivered By A Toddler
Originally published on Mon June 3, 2013 2:29 pm
This blogger will admit that he has struggled off and on with his decision to eat meat. He'll also admit that explaining the food chain to his 3-year-old daughter has produced more soul-searching.
It's a touchy subject. And if you want to get into philosophical arguments, we recommend the writings of our colleague Barbara King at 13.7.
But, what brings us to the subject today is a viral video of an adorable toddler struggling with the thought of octopus in his gnocchi. Luiz Antonio questions his mother. Then he comes to the realization that when we eat animals, it means they died.
It's worth watching the whole way through:
We'll leave you with a question: How did you explain eating animals to your kids?