Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed March 13, 2013
Caroline's Cart Inventor Drew Ann Long Advocates For Those With Special Needs
An Alabama woman is in Washington, D.C. on a quest to help children with special needs. Drew Ann Long is the inventor of what's called Caroline's Cart. It's a grocery cart designed to allow people with disabilities be a part of the shopping experience.
Long's advocacy for special needs individuals has taken her all the way from Alabama to Capitol Hill this week.
Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez recently spoke to her about what inspired her to develop Caroline's Cart and what she hopes to get out of her trip to Washington, D.C. this week.