Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Wed March 13, 2013
Caroline's Cart Inventor Drew Ann Long Advocates For Those With Special Needs
An Alabama woman is in Washington, D.C. on a quest to help children with special needs. Drew Ann Long is the inventor of what's called Caroline's Cart. It's a grocery cart designed to allow people with disabilities be a part of the shopping experience.
Long's advocacy for special needs individuals has taken her all the way from Alabama to Capitol Hill this week.
Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez recently spoke to her about what inspired her to develop Caroline's Cart and what she hopes to get out of her trip to Washington, D.C. this week.