Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed March 13, 2013
Caroline's Cart Inventor Drew Ann Long Advocates For Those With Special Needs
An Alabama woman is in Washington, D.C. on a quest to help children with special needs. Drew Ann Long is the inventor of what's called Caroline's Cart. It's a grocery cart designed to allow people with disabilities be a part of the shopping experience.
Long's advocacy for special needs individuals has taken her all the way from Alabama to Capitol Hill this week.
Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez recently spoke to her about what inspired her to develop Caroline's Cart and what she hopes to get out of her trip to Washington, D.C. this week.