Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Carnival Ship Diverted
Sun July 7, 2013
Carnival Ship Diverted To Alabama Cruise Terminal
Carnival Cruise Lines officials say a ship is being diverted from the Mississippi River in New Orleans to the Alabama Cruise Terminal after a tugboat sank on Saturday.
Officials say the ship, named The Carnival Conquest, is expected to arrive at the terminal Sunday afternoon as U.S. Coast Guard officials continue investigating the tugboat incident on the river.
It is unclear how many passengers are aboard the ship, and officials say passengers will be driven from Mobile to New Orleans.
Officials say the Conquest's next trip to the Bahamas has been shortened to a six-day voyage, scheduled to depart Mobile Monday evening. Guests scheduled to sail on the shortened trip are being offered a one-day pro-rated refund, or a full refund if they decide to cancel their trip.
Disabled Cruise Ship