Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Carnival Ship Diverted
Sun July 7, 2013
Carnival Ship Diverted To Alabama Cruise Terminal
Carnival Cruise Lines officials say a ship is being diverted from the Mississippi River in New Orleans to the Alabama Cruise Terminal after a tugboat sank on Saturday.
Officials say the ship, named The Carnival Conquest, is expected to arrive at the terminal Sunday afternoon as U.S. Coast Guard officials continue investigating the tugboat incident on the river.
It is unclear how many passengers are aboard the ship, and officials say passengers will be driven from Mobile to New Orleans.
Officials say the Conquest's next trip to the Bahamas has been shortened to a six-day voyage, scheduled to depart Mobile Monday evening. Guests scheduled to sail on the shortened trip are being offered a one-day pro-rated refund, or a full refund if they decide to cancel their trip.
Disabled Cruise Ship