Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Mon July 8, 2013
Carnival Cruise Ship Departs Ala. Monday Afternoon
The Carnival Conquest cruise ship is due to depart Mobile about 4 p.m. Monday.
Carnival diverted the ship from New Orleans to Mobile on Sunday because the Mississippi River was closed to ship traffic due to a tugboat sinking.
The ship had been scheduled to unload Sunday in New Orleans and depart the same day with a new load of passengers. Instead, Carnival says it has shortened this week's cruise to six days and is busing passengers from New Orleans to Mobile for departure.
The 953-foot Conquest is the largest cruise ship to ever dock in Mobile. Carnival last used the port of Mobile in February when tug boats towed in the disabled Triumph.
Carnival Ship Diverted