Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon June 3, 2013
Cardboard Bike Creator May Soon Start Peddling His Product
Originally published on Tue June 25, 2013 12:07 pm
After capturing the imagination of people around the world last year with video of a bicycle made almost entirely out of cardboard, Israeli inventor Izhar Gafni is now hoping to capture money from folks who would like to own one.
Cardboard Technologies is launching a Kickstarter campaign that offers "limited and exclusive access" to those interested in getting one of the bikes.
Bike Biz reminds readers that:
"When news of his cardboard creation went viral last year, Gafni said the finished bike would retail for $20. There's no details on the company website on costs, but it's likely to be far in excess of $20 per bicycle. However, costs could be brought down through on-bike advertising, claims Gafni's business partner, Israeli entrepreneur Nimrod Elmish."
As Bill Chappell posted for us last December, there's also a cardboard helmet in the works for bike riders.