Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Fri May 24, 2013
Candidates lining up to replace Mobile Congressman Jo Bonner
The campaign to replace U.S. Rep. Jo Bonner of Mobile has begun one day after he announced he would step down in August to take a job with the University of Alabama System. Republican state Rep. Randy Davis of Daphne said Friday that he will run in the 1st District race. Davis says the district "needs a conservative trench fighter who will stare down the D.C. liberals." Davis is a retired educator who is serving his third term in the Legislature. Several others have indicated they are considering the race, including former Republican gubernatorial candidate Bradley Byrne. Gov. Robert Bentley will have to set a date for the special election to fill Bonner's seat.