Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Fri January 18, 2013
Calera Band Marching in Obama's Inaugural Parade
The Calera High School Eagle Band is headed to Washington to march in President Barack Obama's inaugural parade.
Band director Ryan Murrell said he sent a video to the inaugural committee in November, and the Calera band got picked to represent Alabama in the parade.
This is not Murrell's first inaugural parade. He participated in the parade for President George W. Bush in 2001 as a student at Homewood High School.
About 140 Calera band members are making the trip to Washington, along with staff and chaperones. They will return on Tuesday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Politics & Government