Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Arts & Life
Fri January 18, 2013
Calera Band Marching in Obama's Inaugural Parade
The Calera High School Eagle Band is headed to Washington to march in President Barack Obama's inaugural parade.
Band director Ryan Murrell said he sent a video to the inaugural committee in November, and the Calera band got picked to represent Alabama in the parade.
This is not Murrell's first inaugural parade. He participated in the parade for President George W. Bush in 2001 as a student at Homewood High School.
About 140 Calera band members are making the trip to Washington, along with staff and chaperones. They will return on Tuesday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Politics & Government