Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Wed May 21, 2014
Cable Companies Are Among The Most Hated Industries In U.S.
Originally published on Wed May 21, 2014 7:06 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And today's last word in business is: Cable Rage.
Cable companies make up one of the most hated industries in America.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And even among cable providers, one brand is despised above all others. A new survey of cable, satellite and other TV providers shows Time Warner Cable gets the lowest marks for consumer satisfaction.
INSKEEP: The best in that department were AT&T, U-verse and DirecTV, two providers that plan to merge. Time Warner is merging with Comcast, which was rated second worst behind Time Warner.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.