Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Politics & Government
Wed October 16, 2013
Byrne picks up endorsement for Mobile Congressional seat
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - Former Alabama community college chancellor Bradley Byrne has picked up an endorsement in the 1st Congressional District race from the third-place finisher in the Republican primary. State Rep. Chad Fincher of Semmes says Byrne will stand up for south Alabama values and be honest with constituents. Byrne got an endorsement earlier from the fourth-place finisher, conservative columnist Quin Hillyer. Byrne led in the Republican primary on Sept. 24 and is in a runoff Nov. 5 with the second-place finisher, Orange Beach businessman Dean Young. The special election resulted from the resignation of Republican Rep. Jo Bonner in August.