Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue April 2, 2013
Originally published on Tue April 2, 2013 5:42 am
Monday marked the start of the application period for H1B visas — those are the work permits granted to 85,000 skilled foreigners each year. Many of them work in the high-tech industry. And for the first time since the financial crisis hit in 2008, the quotas for the H1B are expected to be filled in a single week.