Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed March 6, 2013
Originally published on Wed March 6, 2013 10:18 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR business news starts with markets on fire.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Overnight, stocks in Japan and Australia hit highs not seen in more than four years. This comes after yesterday's big rally on Wall Street. The benchmark Dow Jones Industrial Average hit an all-time high. It closed at 14,253. That topped a record set in the fall of 2007, just before the financial crisis hit. This new record shows that the markets keep shrugging off what is happening or not happening in Congress. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.