Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri December 28, 2012
SEC Filing Reveals Apple CEO's Pay Package
Originally published on Fri December 28, 2012 6:14 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a big pay cut.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Apple hit a big milestone this year when it became the most highly valued public company in history. So it may be a surprise to hear that Apple's CEO, Tim Cook, saw a big dip in salary - like, a 99 percent dip.
Documents filed with the government yesterday show Cook made just over $4 million this year. Last year, he was given a package worth $378 million. Of course, the bulk of that was stock, which will vest over the next decade. So what seems like a massive pay cut on paper, isn't quite as dramatic as it sounds. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.