Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Tue December 18, 2012
Originally published on Tue December 18, 2012 5:54 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with pressure to sell.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Here's an example of the business world feeling the impact of the school tragedy in Connecticut. Cerberus Capital is a private equity firm and they own a company called Freedom Group. Freedom Group was merged with the company that made one of the guns used in last week's shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. Today Cerberus Capital said in a statement that it is looking to sell its stake in the gun manufacturer. This follows pressure yesterday from the California State Teachers Retirement System among others. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.