Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue December 18, 2012
Originally published on Tue December 18, 2012 5:54 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with pressure to sell.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Here's an example of the business world feeling the impact of the school tragedy in Connecticut. Cerberus Capital is a private equity firm and they own a company called Freedom Group. Freedom Group was merged with the company that made one of the guns used in last week's shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. Today Cerberus Capital said in a statement that it is looking to sell its stake in the gun manufacturer. This follows pressure yesterday from the California State Teachers Retirement System among others. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.