Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Tue December 18, 2012
Originally published on Tue December 18, 2012 5:54 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with pressure to sell.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Here's an example of the business world feeling the impact of the school tragedy in Connecticut. Cerberus Capital is a private equity firm and they own a company called Freedom Group. Freedom Group was merged with the company that made one of the guns used in last week's shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. Today Cerberus Capital said in a statement that it is looking to sell its stake in the gun manufacturer. This follows pressure yesterday from the California State Teachers Retirement System among others. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.