Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Tue September 4, 2012
Originally published on Tue September 4, 2012 11:38 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with iPhones and Kindles and Droids - oh, my.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Tech giants Nokia, Motorola and Amazon are all expected to announce new hand-held devices this week. It may be an attempt to keep pace with Apple, now the largest U.S. company ever. Apple's rumored to be unveiling its new iPhone at a news conference next week.
Tomorrow, Motorola is expected announce its new Droid Razor phone. Also tomorrow, Nokia looks likely to debut mobile devices that run on the newest Windows phone operating system. And later in the week, not to be outdone, Amazon is expected to announce a new version of its tablet reading device, the Kindle Fire. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.