Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- BP and Gulf Coast Tourism, Alabama Choirs Headed to Japan
Wed August 6, 2014
Apple, Samsung To End Patent Suits Outside U.S.
Originally published on Wed August 6, 2014 6:45 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's Business News starts with a smartphone cease-fire. Apple and Samsung are agreeing to end all patent lawsuits between each other outside the United States. They have been after each other in a dozen countries over the past three years, battling over intellectual property rights for the design and technology that goes into their mobile devices. The companies do plan to continue to pursue existing cases in United States courts. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.