Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Wed August 6, 2014
Apple, Samsung To End Patent Suits Outside U.S.
Originally published on Wed August 6, 2014 6:45 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's Business News starts with a smartphone cease-fire. Apple and Samsung are agreeing to end all patent lawsuits between each other outside the United States. They have been after each other in a dozen countries over the past three years, battling over intellectual property rights for the design and technology that goes into their mobile devices. The companies do plan to continue to pursue existing cases in United States courts. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.