Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Wed March 5, 2014
Air Travel Expected To Reach 2008 Levels
Originally published on Wed March 5, 2014 8:17 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news begins with spring in the air.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: The airline industry trade group Airlines for America released its Spring 2014 projections today. The report predicts a record-breaking season for international flights on U.S. airlines, forecasting 17.1 million travelers from March 1st to April 30th. Combined with domestic flights, air travel is expected to reach its highest levels since 2008. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.