Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri January 10, 2014
China Releases 2013 Trade Figures
Originally published on Fri January 10, 2014 11:45 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Today's business news starts with trading places.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: China might have just dislodged the United States from a position it held for decades as the world's top trading nation. The latest Chinese figures put the value of its overall trade at $4.6 trillion last year.
The United States will release its own 2013 data next month. But for the first 11 months of the year, its trade was worth $3.5 trillion. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.