Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon November 11, 2013
Amazon Offers Sunday Delivery In Selected Cities
Originally published on Mon November 11, 2013 4:52 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Let's begin NPR's business news starts with Amazon Sundays.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: The U.S. Postal Service is breaking new ground, teaming up with the online retail giant Amazon in an exclusive deal to deliver Amazon packages on Sundays. Residents of Los Angeles and New York can now take advantage of the additional delivery day at no extra charge. The Sunday service is expected to expand to more cities next year.
Now this is a boost for Amazon, since they can reach far more customers on Sundays. UPS doesn't deliver on Sundays and FedEx only rarely. And the deal means more business for the struggling Postal Service. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.