Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed October 9, 2013
Health Scares In China Hurt Yum Brands' Profits
Originally published on Wed October 9, 2013 5:55 am
The owner of KFC and Pizza Hut has reported a near 70 percent drop in profits this quarter. Yum Brands relies on operations in China for three quarters of its revenue. Recent food safety issues and a bird flu outbreak there hit the company especially hard.