Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon September 23, 2013
'House Of Cards' Wins Emmy's Director Award
Originally published on Mon September 23, 2013 9:35 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news includes a first for Internet TV.
The video streaming service Netflix claimed a victory at the Emmy Awards last night. David Fincher took the Best Director prize for his work on the political drama "House of Cards;" the first time an online video distributor won in a major category.
This win could help Netflix establish itself as it seeks to compete for eyeballs and talent, although the cable channels dominated the Emmys - especially HBO - which racked up 27 awards, more than any other outlet. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.