Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Mon September 23, 2013
'House Of Cards' Wins Emmy's Director Award
Originally published on Mon September 23, 2013 9:35 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news includes a first for Internet TV.
The video streaming service Netflix claimed a victory at the Emmy Awards last night. David Fincher took the Best Director prize for his work on the political drama "House of Cards;" the first time an online video distributor won in a major category.
This win could help Netflix establish itself as it seeks to compete for eyeballs and talent, although the cable channels dominated the Emmys - especially HBO - which racked up 27 awards, more than any other outlet. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.