Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Mon September 23, 2013
'House Of Cards' Wins Emmy's Director Award
Originally published on Mon September 23, 2013 9:35 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news includes a first for Internet TV.
The video streaming service Netflix claimed a victory at the Emmy Awards last night. David Fincher took the Best Director prize for his work on the political drama "House of Cards;" the first time an online video distributor won in a major category.
This win could help Netflix establish itself as it seeks to compete for eyeballs and talent, although the cable channels dominated the Emmys - especially HBO - which racked up 27 awards, more than any other outlet. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.