Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon September 23, 2013
'House Of Cards' Wins Emmy's Director Award
Originally published on Mon September 23, 2013 9:35 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news includes a first for Internet TV.
The video streaming service Netflix claimed a victory at the Emmy Awards last night. David Fincher took the Best Director prize for his work on the political drama "House of Cards;" the first time an online video distributor won in a major category.
This win could help Netflix establish itself as it seeks to compete for eyeballs and talent, although the cable channels dominated the Emmys - especially HBO - which racked up 27 awards, more than any other outlet. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.