Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu September 5, 2013
U.S. Auto Sales Accelerate To Pre-Recession Levels
Originally published on Thu September 5, 2013 5:58 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with car sales accelerating.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that buyers picked up new vehicles at a pace not seen since before the recession. According to the paper, Americans bought 1.5 million vehicles last month - about 17 percent up from a year ago. Low interest rates and continued job growth were primary drivers. Automakers have added work shifts and production capacity to keep up with demand. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.