Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Fri August 23, 2013
Technical Problems Force Nasdaq To Shut Down For 3 Hours
Originally published on Fri August 23, 2013 6:25 am
The stock market revealed its vulnerability again on Thursday, in this age of high-speed electronic trading. The Nasdaq, where more than 3,000 tech-related companies are publicly traded, was shut down for more than three hours.