Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue August 20, 2013
Rocky Road Predicted For Egypt's Stock Exchange
Originally published on Tue August 20, 2013 6:15 am
The Egyptian Exchange was shut down at the end of last week as protests and violence raged in Cairo and elsewhere. It re-opened on Sunday, but trading hours were shortened to give employees more time to get home before curfew. Many foreign investors reportedly pulled out of the exchange earlier this year.