Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed August 7, 2013
Virgin America Announces Earnings Win
Originally published on Wed August 7, 2013 6:42 am
The company has been hit by a lot of losses since it was founded in 2007. But for the second quarter of this year, it says it earned nearly $9 million. Virgin America seems to be reaping the benefits of falling fuel prices and an increase in people traveling.