Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue July 23, 2013
'Arrested Development' Boosts Netflix Earnings
Originally published on Tue July 23, 2013 6:37 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a streaming success.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Second-quarter earnings for Netflix more than quadrupled. The company reported its results last night after the markets closed. Netflix gave credit to its revival of "Arrested Development," which was released Memorial Day weekend. For the three months ending in June, the streaming service added 630,000 subscribers in the United States. Sounds impressive, but it wasn't quite enough for investors, who were expecting a bigger number of subscribers. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.