Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri July 19, 2013
Moody's Investors Service Upgrades U.S. Debt
Originally published on Fri July 19, 2013 7:45 am
Moody's lifted the rating from "negative" to "stable" and affirmed the country's AAA rating. In a statement, it said the U.S. economy has demonstrated resilience in the face of major cuts to government spending. The country is on track to report its lowest annual deficit in five years.