Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Fri July 19, 2013
Moody's Investors Service Upgrades U.S. Debt
Originally published on Fri July 19, 2013 7:45 am
Moody's lifted the rating from "negative" to "stable" and affirmed the country's AAA rating. In a statement, it said the U.S. economy has demonstrated resilience in the face of major cuts to government spending. The country is on track to report its lowest annual deficit in five years.